Ritten & Dolomites
The Dolomites are a unique and fascinating mountain range. Our Ritten (Renon) plateau offers marvellous views towards the South Tyrolean side of the Dolomites in Italy.
Hotel Plörr is the ideal starting point for day trips in the vicinity at any time of the year. You will always be in touch with the natural environment - be it on a hiking trip, enjoying the sun or just day dreaming...
Don't miss out on a trip to the well-known "pyramids" (hoodoos) from the late ice age. They are build-up of limestone and have been shaped by nature over many centuries.
Then there is the unique narrow-gauged train built in 1906, connecting the localities of Klobenstein and Oberbozen and a cable car service to Bolzano (Bozen).
- Rittner Horn (Corno del Renon - hiking and skiing area)
- Pyramids of Ritten (at Lengmoos, Oberbozen and Unterinn)
- Train of Ritten (from Klobenstein to Oberbozen and cable car to Bolzano)
- Apiculture museum Plattner (Wolfsgruben)
- Wolfsgruben lake
- Bolzano - (Bozen - arcades, fruit and Saturdays market, archaeological museum - glacier mummy "Ötzi", Runkelstein Castle, Reinhold Messner Mountain Museum)
- Merano (old part of the town, Merano Thermal Baths, botanic gardens at Trauttmansdorff)
- Dolomites roundtrip - (tour by car or hiking: Seiser Alm, Schlern, Rosengarten)
- Sarntal (Durnholz lake, "Stonerne Mandln")
- Bad Dreikirchen Barbian
- Kaltern lake, Montiggl lake